Onsite Event Manager - San Jose, CA
- - Event Management
- San Jose, CA, USA
Please be advised this is a part-time, seasonal position. Most events take place on Fridays and Saturdays, although some midweek events may occur. The location of events varies and includes the Bay Area.
Tentative Start Date: Immediate
Job Description: OneCause Onsite Event Managers are responsible for executing and managing OneCause events onsite.
The essential job functions for the person in this role include:
- Manage/Execute OneCause events on location.
- Manage OneCause staff.
- Setup and manage the OneCause technology including: OneCause/ BidPal proprietary software, laptops, tablets, credit card readers, OneCause handheld devices, printers.
- Manage and resolve all OneCause related client expectations.
- Provide software training to client's staff, volunteers and guests.
- Review all client auction and guest data and make appropriate changes where necessary onsite.
- Work with client to ensure software is fully utilized to maximize event revenue.
About OneCause Inc.
Are you passionate about creating a positive change in the world? Come join our team of change-makers!
We are on a mission to help nonprofits across the country feed the hungry, fight cancer, promote the arts, educate young people and everything in between. Our commitment to helping nonprofits use technology to more efficiently manage their fundraising efforts, engage more donors and raise more money has fueled steady growth in OneCause's software and services.
Leading the industry, OneCause first revolutionized charitable fundraising in 2007 by introducing mobile bidding to silent auctions. Today, OneCause has an expansive product line of mobile and online fundraising software which has helped our clients raise over $1 billion and connect 1 million donors to their causes. Think you have what it takes to help lead us toward more Technology for Good®? Then keep reading!
Desired Skills & Experience
- BS/BA required.
- 2 years total work experience in event management desirable
- Management of external event staff, volunteers and guests
- Strong leadership skills
- Exceptional customer relationship skills
- Exceptional communication skills – including: written, interpersonal and public speaking
- Highly organized with the ability to meet multiple concurrent deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- High level of initiative
- Comfortable with using intuitive web based software as well as smartphone technology (iPhone and Android)
- Basic knowledge of setting up hardware (tablets/laptops/printer) using Wifi technology
In 2011 charitable giving in the U.S. was estimated to be more than $298 billion. OneCause is well positioned to assist its not-for-profit partners to capitalize on the opportunity to maximize their fundraising capability.
You bring the drive to succeed and professional consulting experience to maintain OneCause's position in the marketplace as the leader in auction automation. We deliver the products, support and career growth you desire.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
OneCause provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OneCause complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.