Event Manager - Philadelphia
- - Event Management
- Philadelphia, PA, USA
Please be advised this is a part-time, seasonal position. Most events take place on Fridays and Saturdays, although some midweek events may occur. The location of events varies and includes greater Philadelphia area.
Every day at OneCause we help non-profits raise millions of dollars to make the world a better place. That is why we love our jobs! We are looking to expand our talent with professionals who are Passionate, Curious, Helpful, and Committed to making a difference. We are building better tomorrows, want to help?
OneCause Event Managers are responsible for executing and managing OneCause events for customers both onsite and virtually.
- Execute OneCause events on location and virtually.
- Manage OneCause staff including Assistant Event Managers, Onsite Support, and BidPal Assistants to appropriately delegate tasks.
- Setup and manage the OneCause technology including OneCause/BidPal proprietary software, laptops, and iPads.
- Manage and resolve all OneCause related client expectations.
- Provide software training to the client, client's staff, volunteers, and guests.
- Review all client auction and guest data and make appropriate changes where necessary.
- Work with client to ensure software is fully utilized to maximize event revenue by providing recommendations that follow best practices.
- Able to comfortably navigate and troubleshoot our software as well as various online video platforms.
Preferred Skills & Abilities
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in event management
- Experience with, and comfortable learning new technology such as video content hosting and streaming platforms
- Management experience of external event staff, volunteers, and guests
- Strong leadership skills
- Exceptional customer relationship skills
- Exceptional communication skills, not limited to but including written, interpersonal, and public speaking.
- Highly organized with the ability to meet multiple concurrent deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- High level of initiative
- Technical knowledge, of various online video platforms, not limited to but including YouTube, Twitch, Vimeo, and Wistia, with the ability to comfortably navigate and troubleshoot
- Comfortable using intuitive web-based software as well as smartphone technology (iPhone and Android)
- Basic knowledge of setting up hardware (iPads/laptops/) using Wi-Fi or Cellular Data technology
- Basic knowledge of troubleshooting hardware (iPads/laptops/smartphones)
Highly Preferred Applicants will have
- Flexibility in schedule
- Experience with Non-Profits
- Event Management background
- Experience with web-based software and technical knowledge of various online video platforms
What OneCause has to offer!
- Flexible Online Training
- Employee Assistance Program
- Internal Opportunities to Expand and Grow
- Safe Pandemic Plan
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
OneCause provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OneCause complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.