Associate Product Manager / Product Manager
- - Product and Technology
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Full Benefits Package
Associate Product Manager / Product Manager
Every day at OneCause we help non-profits raise millions of dollars to make the world a better place. That's why we love our jobs!
In this role, you will be primarily focused on OneCause's Online and Event Fundraising Platform. This includes researching, designing & validating potential new features that will be added to the OneCause products. You will lead the full lifecycle of product evolution from initial customer and stakeholder conversations all the way through to shipping the product and measuring its. You will work cross-functionally with every part of the OneCause organization including senior leadership, Sales & Marketing, Customer Success and Service & Support. A Product Manager at OneCause needs to be able to make wise decisions quickly, collaborate effectively with both technical and non-technical team members, communicate clearly with customers and be ready to bring software to life. Success in this role rests on your ability to deliver a roadmap of business, work as a partner in the delivery of that roadmap, create alignment between stakeholders, articulate business needs into innovative and comprehensive application designs, and position yourself as a trusted change management partner.
What you will do:
• Collaborate with architects, engineers, product designers, other product managers, site reliability, and product marketing to bring the most valuable products and features to our customers
• Develop and execute the product strategy and business cases for your assigned product focus areas
• Manage the product lifecycle, including planning, development, testing, feedback loop, roll out, and adoption.
• Document product features that describe business use cases and work with product design on the optimal solution.
• Become an expert in all aspects of the product.
• Maintain industry knowledge, subject matter expertise, and keep abreast of changes in the market.
• Communicate and articulate the concise product vision and objectives.
• Collaborate with other product managers to deliver shared roadmap priorities.
• Use your people skills to build strong collaborative relationships based on trust.
• Build and develop consensus within the organization through frequent interaction with business and technology stakeholders.
• Define the product roadmap for your assigned product focus areas including getting buy in from product and engineering leadership
• Define, track and report on key indicators for performance of your product focus areas
• Interact with customers, prospects, execs, sales, marketing, customer success, service & support teams to understand how and where OneCause, specifically your product focus area brings value
• Work directly with the User Experience & Product Design team to create product designs
• Take a complex problem and break it down into user stories with robust acceptance criteria and collaborate with the engineering team to prioritize the work
• Have ownership of the quality of the shipped product or feature
• Partner closely with Product Marketing and stakeholders across OneCause for product and feature rollouts/education
What you will need:
• 2+ years as a Product Owner, Product Manager or Business Analyst with a set of product functionality you personally oversaw
• Experience evolving a product roadmap for a B2B company
• Experience identifying and addressing customer needs, building relationships with customers and key internal stakeholders, and communicating in an organized and knowledgeable manner.
• Proven ability to recommend solutions, champion change, manage implementation, influence others, and foster teamwork.
• Ability to convey complex ideas in a strategic and concise fashion.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of providing information to business stakeholders, vendors, colleagues, and senior management.
• Ability to handle large, complex products in a rapidly changing environment
• Ability to identify a problem and breakdown the solution into doable segments of work
• Clear communication style
• Strong customer focus
• Self-starter that does the hard work to get the job done
• Servant leadership mindset
• Passion for building best in class products with previous experience working with or for a SaaS company
• Data-driven to show results
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
OneCause, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate with respect to recruitment, hiring, or any other status of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or any other category protected by law.