Accounts Receivable -Collections Specialist
- Admin - Accounting & Finance
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Full Benefits Package
Accounts Receivable - Collections Specialist
Every day at OneCause we help non-profits raise millions of dollars to make the world a better place. That's why we love our jobs! We are looking to expand our talent with professionals who are Passionate, Curious, Helpful, and Committed to making a difference. We are building better tomorrows, want to help?
The Collection Specialist is responsible for resolving past due customer invoices, collecting & processing payments, inter-company collaboration, customer (b2b) correspondence and follow through, reconciling deposits, and other general administrative duties.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Maintain and update past due invoice list
• Contact customers via email and phone for payment status updates.
• Answer incoming A/R calls and respond to voicemails
• Update customer account information
• Resolve customer billing questions
• Work closely with Sales' Team to resolve disputes
• Bank Deposits & Reconciliation
• High Attention to detail and accuracy
• Minimum one (1) years' experience in Accounts Receivable or equivalent role
• Must be detail orientated and self-motivated
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook/Excel/Word/etc)
• Proficiency in typing
• Adaptability – OneCause is a heavy growth environment and always looking to improve processes and procedures
• Knowledge of basic accrual accounting principles
• Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• Must be able to lift 15 pounds at upon occasion.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
OneCause provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OneCause complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.