Sr. Product Data Analyst
- - Product and Technology
- IN, USA
- Full Time
Sr. Product Data Analyst
Every day at OneCause we help non-profits raise millions of dollars to make the world a better place. That is why we love our jobs!
We are seeking problem solvers who have a passion for data and a relentless focus on execution and delivery. In this role you will use your analytical expertise, product sense, and interpersonal skills to drive change through data. As part of the product team, you will help launch features, measure the success of product investments and drive adoption. Outside product work, you will contribute to our sales, marketing and company data culture by sharing your learnings, partnering with others, and building new capabilities for how we can use data to guide decisions. In the process, you will develop a deep understanding of our business, our customers and our products and lay the foundation for leveraging the power of data to help grow the business.
What you'll do:
- Partner closely with product teams to deepen our understanding of the products, identify impactful opportunities, and measure success outcomes to drive user engagement and customer retention/expansion
- Define product KPIs, product adoption and consumption metrics, and answer complex questions around customer health and success metrics
- Generate data insights to influence product feature roadmap and strategy based on the potential value add and ROI
- Work with the product managers and technical teams to develop measurement frameworks and help instrument product analytics data, early on in the product development process
- Assist Revenue Operations to define key product adoption metrics to identify and target customer acquisition, retention, and expansion.
- Use data to define metrics which Revenue Operations will use to implement customer health & success scores in tools like Gainsight
- Through data mining and in-depth analysis, apply and implement hypotheses and recommendations of features we should change, leading to experiments that will confirm or deny those hypotheses and ultimately improve product experience and customer sign-ups.
- Be a data champion for products and act as an interface between product, business, and technical teams in the company
- Provide analytical support for day-to-day product-related operational questions
- Be responsible for building the PM team's analytical skills and tackle many of the most challenging data analysis questions yourself.
- Use data and analytics to routinely answer questions on user behavior and the results of product tests.
- Routinely monitor product, financial, and user metrics for trends, changes, and unexpected behavior; work with the PM team to evaluate which metrics should be monitored.
- Create reports to reflect various changes in business metrics e.g. active accounts, sign-ups, upgrades, retention/churn, feature usage, email CTRs, etc. and present them to various members of the company as needed.
- Translate metrics, investigations, and findings into likely business outcomes.
- Independently design an accurate and consistent framework for answering analytics questions.
- Proactively identify ways to improve day-to-day responsibilities, such as optimizing database structure, implementing report automation, researching the use of better analytics tools, etc.
- Play a critical role on a cross functional team related to data's role in product led growth
- Help build and grow a team of Product Data Analysts
- Passion for driving value using data and technology.
- Growth-oriented & Curious - You are a critical thinker who is always looking for how things can work better.
- Self-motivated - You tackle problems head-on, seek out help when needed, and prioritize work based on impact.
- Outcome-oriented - You care about the details and hold yourself accountable to the outcome.
- Data-informed - You form perspectives and make decisions by first seeking out data and context.
- Delivery-focused – You excel at turning stakeholder requests and turning them into projects and navigate between multiple projects, meet deadlines, and process ad hoc report requests.
- Effective communicator - You are intentional about what you want to communicate, distill complex ideas into straightforward language, and present with confidence.
- Team-player - You empower others to succeed and have a "can do" attitude.
- 5+ years of experience in product analytics, web-based businesses
- Experience with large data sets and proficient in SQL.
- Extensive experience querying large, complex data sets & proven ability to derive and present insights from multiple imperfect, varied, and inconsistent data sources using a scientific approach
- Programming skills with one or more of these languages R, Python, SAS... and the willingness and ability to learn new languages and tools as needed.
- Experience with A/B testing approaches
- Expertise in creating spreadsheets of your findings and the presentation skills to share them in a coherent format with all stakeholders i.e. engineering, product, and company leadership teams.
- Experience building data visualizations in Tableau or similar tool
- Experience with product usage tools such as GainsightPX, Google Analytics and Amplitude
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
OneCause, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate with respect to recruitment, hiring, or any other status of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or any other category protected by law.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media
Share This Page